- This event has passed.
European Robotics Forum 2019 – Open and sustainable robotics software ecosystems for Europe
March 20 - March 22
Meet us at the European Robotics Forum 2019 (ERF2019)
The European Robotics Forum, the most influential meeting of the robotics community in Europe, will be held in Bucharest, Romania, in March 2019.
Over 1000 European robotics top experts are expected to attend the 10th edition of the conference – if you are one of them:
Don’t miss the RobMoSys workshop
“Open and sustainable robotics software ecosystems for Europe”
on March 22nd 8:30 – 10:00 a.m. in Grand Ballroom Salon C
The workshop will combine a presentation session with a World Café to give the community the possibility to answer questions, bring in own ideas and address possible concerns with regards to the ecosystem baseline, challenges of current software ecosystems and sustainability.
The objective of this workshop is as follows:
- provide an introduction on open source software ecosystems and its benefits
- to give an update on the recent progress made by the RobMoSys project
- to present our ideas to reach long-term sustainability (after end of EU-funding)
- exchange of best practices with other projects (ESROCOS, ROSIN) also using open source software approaches.
08:30 – 08:35
Welcome and introduction (Susanne Bieller, EUnited)
Towards a sustainable European Digital Industrial Platform for model-driven software engineering in robotics (Gael Blondelle, Eclipse)
What RobMoSys is offering to you (Huascar Espinoza, CEA)
08:50 – 09:00
Achievements of RobMoSys – Models and Tools available so far for a model-driven software- engineering ecosystem
(Christian Schlegel, HS Ulm)
09:00 – 09:05
Hands-on example on how RobMoSys can be used by a real industrial example (Francesco Ferro, PAL Robotics)
09:05 – 09:15
ESROCOS – An open source software framework for space robotics (Fernando Gandía Abellán, GMV)
09:15 – 09:25
ROSIN – supporting efforts to make ROS ready for industrial use (Anthony Remazeilles, Tecnalia)
09:25 – 09:55
World café (all speakers)
– RobMoSys Ecosystem baseline
– Which challenges do you encounter with your current software ecosystem?
– How could a migration path from my existing system to the new approach look like?
– Path towards sustainability – what is this the right way to go?
09:55 – 10:00
Wrap-up and summary (Susanne Bieller, EUnited)
From 1st February 2019 to 30th April 2019, RobMoSys will open its second open call with a call budget of € 2.7 million. This call with a focus on fast adoption, ecosystem challenges and measures to strengthen the community will offer great research funding opportunities for parties interested in contributing to the RobMoSys ecosystem. Those funding opportunities will be explained during the Workshop Session on “Non-traditional funding opportunities – cascade funding/FSTP” on Thursday, March 21st, 2019 from 16:15-17:45 in Grand Ballroom Salon D.
Furthermore you will be able to meet us at the following workshops:
- “Non-traditional funding opportunities – cascade funding /FSTP”
on March 21st, 16:15 – 17:45 Salon D
- “Topic Group Software&System Engineering Meeting”
on March 22nd 10:45 – 12:15 Salon C
- “Safety Engineering in Robotics Software and Programmable Electronics”
on March 22nd 14:00 – 15:30 Salon B
Come visit us at our booth in Constata Hall
Get first-hand information on the RobMoSys project and funding opportunities in Call 2.
Find information about the funding opportunities and application process: https://robmosys.eu/open-call-2/